Location: San Antonio, Texas
Industry: Performing Arts/Nonprofit/Charitable
Status: Part time, commission-based only
Function: Gallery / Coordinating
Reports to: CEO
Working hours: Flexible
Organization Description and Mission:
Musical Bridges Around the World (MBAW) is a cultural and educational nonprofit organization that is dedicated to creating one-of-a-kind, multicultural performances by the finest, world-class jazz, classical, and ethnic folk musicians and performing artists, in order to inspire, develop and educate new audiences. MBAW’s programs serve the public and at-risk youth, while fostering San Antonio’s reputation as a cosmopolitan cultural center and promoting tourism and development. MBAW also establishes and partakes in collaborations amongst arts organizations.
The Gallery Coordinator reports directly to the CEO and plays a critical role in the success of Musical Bridges Around the World’s art gallery. The Gallery Coordinator is responsible for a variety of activities including but not limited to coordinating gallery events & meetings, marketing, artist relations, contracts, social media, press promotions, listings upkeep, creating relationships with potential art buyers (neighborhood associations, interior designers, architects, etc), maintaining gallery database, and selling art. This position begins on commission only with a percentage agreed upon at time of employment. Future opportunities of part or full time may become available.
- Establish gallery hours of operation
- Create marketing plan for each opening
- Must have established list or create relationships with potential art buyers, communities, landscaping companies, architects and interior designers
- Represent MBAW by becoming a member/guest of neighborhood associations in nearby subdivisions
- Maintain gallery inventory & database
- Must successfully sell art
- Advise the Board of Directors, CEO and staff on gallery
- Responsible for daily gallery operations; including walk-ins, appointments, etc.
- Research and develop programming for target audiences
- Develop relationship with community partners
- Obtain and/or create marketing materials and art prices to send to printers
- Execute gallery openings
- Key holder for gallery
- Meet with prospective buyers during on and off hours
- Bachelors degree in related discipline.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a gallery.
- Must be easy going and very friendly.
- Must welcome advice & direction.
- Must be responsible.
- Highly collaborative style and strong interpersonal, relationship building, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and flexibility to work outside regular business hours to meet goals and objectives.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, while also establishing and fostering working relationships and team building.
- Experience with Photoshop
- Strong writing skills & social media experience
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Experience working with Photography
Code of Ethics
It is critical that you subscribe to and comply with our ethical standards, which include the following:
- Be loyal to the organization.
- Do not discuss MBAW internal affairs with anyone.
- Manage your own internet public profile to avoid anything that reflects poorly on MBAW.
- Always dress appropriately for a world-class performing arts organization.
- Avoid any and all conflicts of interest.
- Do not use MBAW contacts for the benefit of you personally or for the benefit of other arts organizations.