I would like to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion that has recently come to my attention regarding GAGA calls for exhibition.
All Member Exhibitions
- Are all member.
- Please, wait for instructions: deadlines, size, media, theme, etc.
- When a call is closed. It is closed.
- Remember sometimes these opportunities fall through/ don’t happen
Curated GAGA Exhibitions
- Exhibitions that require a proposal /juried by outside committees
- I send out a request for submission
- I curate from the work received
- I create the proposal
- You will be notified only if work is accepted
- Please do not email me regarding status of your submission
- Do not assume just because you have sent images your work is included
- Do not purchase materials specific to the call unless you are asked to
- Deadline for submission means DEADLINE.
- Announcement will be posted in timely fashion of the proposal’s included artists
- Status of these exhibitions provided at meetings and newsletter updates
- Small group exhibitions GAGA is invited to
- Are usually specific to medium
- Are usually thematic
- Are often from an outside curator with specific agenda
- Are usually specific to some artists
- Are usually not opportunities for new work directions
- Are art work calls from other organizations
- Have nothing to do with GAGA
- Opportunity postings are suggestion only for your work’s advancement/exposure
- GAGA does not assume responsibility for your decision to submit work to these artwork calls.